We are pleased to announce the launch of three new compilations.
The project, which we are calling Exhibition, will comprise three volumes:
- Red – this will contain the experimental, atmo, 0bpm and possibly the dark ambient.
- Green – this will contain regular ambient/instrumental pieces.
- Blue – everything else, so alt-pop, synthwave, space rock, indie, radio-friendly and so on.
We may adjust the classifications as we go, depending on the number of tracks of different genres. The finished product will initially be three “name your price” (including “free”) compilations on Bandcamp. Any money generated from sales of the Exhibition compilations will go to a charity to be identified nearer the release.
Unlike One String Inspiration and Post:Soc, this will not go immediately to CD, but depending on the number of submissions, general interest, and the budget available, there may be some physical formats (CD, vinyl, cassette etc.) Whether that is one CD/LP per compilation, or one CD/LP across all three will be determined at a later date.
Rules and Guidelines for Submissions
- To be included your track should either:
- Be about (or inspired by) folklore or folk tales. This is the theme. Think Wicker Man, Herne the Hunter, folk horror, Struwwelpeter, Aboriginal dreamtime, chupacabra, peyote-induced fevre dreams. Or…
- Contain field-recordings: birds, church bells, cricket on the village green, Tokyo metro, the ocean, next-door’s dog, anything you like. But we want your field recordings; no downloading stuff from freesounds.org etc. Or…
- Contain spoken word: poetry, literature, whatever you like. But again, we want your voice.
- Your track does NOT have to include all three.
- Tracks to be submitted by WeTransfer or Dropbox. Please use: submarinebroadcastingco at gmail dot com. Please use the naming convention: artistname_tracktitle.wav
- WAV or AIFF format only. 16 or 24 bit preferred.
- Your track must be your original work, no cover versions.
- Your track must be new or unreleased, and remain unreleased until after the compilations have launched. You retain all rights to your music.
- You can submit one track to each compilation, if you wish. If you are unsure what compilation your track qualifies for, submit anyway and we will place it in the appropriate volume. You may not submit more than one track per compilation.
- We reserve the right to place your track on the compilation of our choice, for reasons of flow or balance.
- There is no limit on track length (but bear in mind that if this does go to CD, a six minute track is easier to accommodate than a twenty minute one).
- The closing date is 31st March 2018
There are some other ideas, that will be revealed as we go along, but nothing that is contrary to the points above, so get your composing heads on and get busy!